Lightweight Exhaust Assemblies Overview
Superior quality design and materials allow reduced weight and improved engine output.
- Less vehicle mass allows for greater engine efficiency, lower rpm, and less fuel consumption.
- Reduced weight benefiting all areas of handling and performance.
- Improved performance, notably from turbo engines, by reducing the exhaust gas outflow restrictions throughout the system.
- Alternative appearance & designs, with greater durability.
- Multiple levels of weight v. performance v. sound options that are appropriate to vehicular use.
Front Engine Vehicles
Larini 'GTE' Assembly
For front-engined GT cars, a meticulously engineered, high performance, lightweight sporting exhaust, developed for ‘fast road’ use.
- Every Larini ‘GTE’ Rear Assembly is tuned specifically to each vehicle to ensure that the desired balance of enhanced power, improved torque and a sophisticated sound is achieved.
Design and development is based around scientific knowledge, not assumptions.
GTE offers an exhaust that will give a deeper low rev sound with a more aggressive mid-tone sound that many Aston/Bentley owners desire – with a noticeable torque gain. The sound will be more robust, and the acceleration curve linear across the rev range ... as a true British GT should be.
Larini 'ST2' Assembly
For select front-engined GT cars, we develop even lighter weight ‘ST2’ Assemblies.
- A Larini 'ST2' System is a precision crafted, lightweight, stainless steel, high performance exhaust system. Offering all the benefits of a GTE system, while aiding even higher vehicle performance gains, through lightweight design.
- Incorporating smaller and lighter box construction for reduced overall weight, further benefits include a tuned sound – which will increase and decrease with revs.
- Despite being lightweight, performance focused exhaust systems, Larini ‘ST2’ Assemblies do not vibrate or produce excessive volume at idle or cruising speeds.
For those looking to explore the realms of lightweight performance, whilst improving on the longevity and performance of their standard exhaust system, a Larini 'ST2' Assembly is an ideal choice.
ST2 offers an exhaust that will give a crisper low rev sound with deep, aggressive, mid-rev-range acoustics that many Aston/Bentley owners desire – with a noticeable performance gain. A noticeably robust sound, with linear performance increases across the rev range - creating a true British GT Supercar.
(Due to potential issues with excessive volume and vibration, ST2 assemblies are not available for all vehicles listed).
Larini 'GT4' Assembly
The maximum. For certain FRONT-ENGINED Supercars Larini produce ‘GT4’ Assemblies.
- These featherweight, typically tube-only, components offer the ultimate in weight saving technology and touring-car acoustics... remaining useable for regular use when coupled with a Larini resonated sports centre section, or the OE centre section.
- They differ from the norm in that they offer little or no muffling at all. The loud and aggressive sound clearly states intent and where once there was regulation of exhaust gas outflow in the form of a silencer, there is now nothing, resulting in a sound and weight saving greater than our usual mufflers.
The key to remaining useable is coupling with a Larini resonated sports centre section, or retaining the resonated OE centre section.
(Due to potential issues with excessive volume and vibration, GT4 Assemblies are not available for all vehicles listed).
Larini ‘ActiValve’ Tech
For use with luxury & exotic cars, Larini produces high performance, Inconel & Stainless Steel, Larini 'ActiValve' Tech exhaust assemblies.
The original heavy exhaust valve flap mufflers are used as a means of quietening the car exhaust sound crudely for stringent noise 'drive-by' tests. However, Larini 'ActiValve' Tech sees custom flow weighted valves utilised within the exhaust system to allow even greater freedom of lightweight exhaust design, benefiting all areas of handling and performance. Larini ActiValves are typically utilised so when in the open position the free-flow path allows even greater gas outflow, as well as acoustic volume. When closed, offering a calmer yet refined soundtrack. Once fitted, there are no negative technical issues, just increased vehicle efficiency.
Please note: Due to potential issues with excessive volume and vibration, ActiValve assemblies are not available for all vehicles listed.
Rear Engine Vehicles
Larini 'GT1' Assembly
The maximum. For certain track bred/focused REAR-ENGINED Supercars, Larini produce ‘GT1’ race style Assemblies.
- These featherweight, typically tube-only, components offer the ultimate in weight saving technology and race-car acoustics.
- They differ from the norm in that they offer little or no muffling at all.
- The loud and aggressive sound clearly states intent and where once there was regulation of exhaust gas outflow in the form of a silencer, there is now nothing, resulting in a wild sound and weight saving greater than our usual mufflers.
(Due to potential issues with excessive volume and vibration, GT1 systems are not available for all vehicles listed. However, quieter GT2 & GT3 assemblies may be available).
Larini 'GroupN' Assembly
Designed for noise sensitive track use. For select rear-engined Supercars Larini produce ‘GroupN’ Assemblies.
- These durable, muffler-only components offer the ideal balance between weight saving technology and noise sensitive acoustics.
- They differ from the norm in that they offer substantial muffling, without negatively effecting performance.
- Consequently, they are ideally suited for noise-metered track use.
- The smooth and mature sound clearly states intent and where once there was over-regulation of exhaust gas outflow volume in the form of the cumbersome OEM silencer, there is now a significant unit allowing a calmer soundtrack and weight saving (less than our usual mufflers).
(Due to potential weight v. performance issues, GroupN Assemblies are not available for all vehicles listed. However, lighter GroupB & GroupA assemblies may be available).
Larini 'LM' Assemblies
All Larini exhaust muffler assemblies, normally supplied in thin wall lightweight stainless steel, can be supplied in ultra-lightweight, Formula One™ grade, Inconel 625.
- Full Inconel performance exhaust systems offer visceral race car sound and performance whilst dramatically reducing weight.
Inconel material is used as standard throughout the Larini 'LM' range of exhaust and catalyst applications. Please enquire.